Application for Studying Abroad
Here you can find all the information about exchange studies abroad. Please read the instructions carefully and direct any questions to us.
Student stay in a foreign European country (Erasmus+) or outside of Europe (Non-EU) 2024/25
When choosing a partner university, please take into account the current regulations on infection protection. Some partner universities or countries only grant access to the campus or university or entry to students who have been fully vaccinated. Be sure to check the websites of the partner universities and the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs for more information.
Regular selection process
- Online application portal (will be activated from 8th November 2023)
- Application deadline: 13th December 2023 at 11:59 pm.
If you are registering yourself for the first time receiving the link activating your account may take a while, please check your spam folder. If you registered in our online application portal beforehand, please use your existing access data/login.
Left over spots
- Publication of the list for left over spots: 19th Febuary 2024.
- Left over spots will be allocated in an online application procedure on a "first come, first serve" basis starting: 28th Febuary 2024 at 10:30 am.
- Detailed information will be avaiable here.
- The Viadrina enters into agreements with partner universities.
- You apply to the Viadrina for a stay abroad in one of these partner universities.
- After our selections and your confirmation we nominate you for your chosen university.
- Then you apply directly to your chosen partner university. An application to, or contact with, the partner university before your nomination is not possible.
- Completed courses (grades and amount)
- For undergraduate students of Business Administration and Economics Faculty - at least 24 completed ECTS at the time of application
- Language proficiency
- Cover letter
- Participation in student initiatives (i.e. Interstudis) or other organisations
- What makes you stand out.
|September - November |
|Beginning of November/Beginning of December||Beginning/|
|End of January/Beginning of February|
Obtain information by:
Beginning of November:
Beginning of December:
If you have applied for a stay abroad outside of Europe (Non-EU), then in most cases you will be invited to a selection interview. Only in rare cases will you be invited to an interview if you’ve applied for a European stay abroad or a double degree.
We will inform you of the result of the application procedure by email.
End of March
The deadline for accepting or declining your offered place.
Release of the left over places.
At information events we will explain the further procedure. You will receive practical information on studying, recognition of courses and living abroad. This information event is very important and attendance is compulsory.
We nominate you to your chosen partner university. You will then receive information concerning the necessary application documents that must be submitted to the partner university by a specified deadline.