Application for Studying Abroad
Here you can find all the information about a semester abroad. Please read the instructions carefully and direct any questions to us.
Student stay in a foreign European country (Erasmus+) or outside of Europe (Non-EU) 2020/21
Regular selection process
- Online applications portal goes online: 6th November 2019
- Application deadline: 10th December 2019 at 1 pm
If you are registering yourself for the first time receiving the link activating your account may take a while, please check your spam folder. If you registered in our online application portal beforehand, please use your existing access data/login.
Left over spots
- Publication of the list for left over spots and activation of the online application portal for the second application round: 11th Febuary 2020
- Application deadline: 20th Febuary 2020 at 2 pm
Please be aware that due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the third application procedure will only take place online, similiar to the second application procedure (no First come, first serve procedure!).
- The list for left over spots can be found here and the link to the online application portal here.
- Application start:: Thursday April 9th, 2020
- Application deadline: Tuesday, April 21st, 2020, 1 pm
Afterwards, the left over spots will be assigned continously via e-mail. Please contact the responsible coordinator for individual consultation.
For a successful consultation we would like to ask you to send us the following info/documents via e-mail:
- which left over spot(s) are you interested in? (Please check the leftover spots)
- your CV
- relevant language proof(s), e.g. Unicert, TOEFL etc.
- grades overview and, if applying, BA grade
- matriculation certificate
- The Viadrina enters into agreements with partner universities.
- You apply to the Viadrina for a stay abroad in one of these partner universities.
- After our selections and your confirmation we nominate you for your chosen university.
- Then you apply directly to your chosen partner university. An application to, or contact with, the partner university before your nomination is not possible.
- Completed courses (grades and amount)
- For undergraduate students of Business Administration and Economics Faculty - at least 24 completed ECTS at the time of application
- Language proficiency
- Cover letter
- Participation in student initiatives (i.e. Interstudis) or other organisations
- What makes you stand out.
|September - November |
|Beginning of November/Beginning of December||Beginning/|
Middle of January
|End of January|
Obtain information by:
Beginning of November:
Beginning of December:
If you have applied for a stay abroad outside of Europe (Non-EU), then in most cases you will be invited to a selection interview. Only in rare cases will you be invited to an interview if you’ve applied for a European stay abroad or a double degree.
We will inform you of the result of the application procedure by email.
|Beginning of February||Mittle of February/|
End of March
The deadline for accepting or declining your offered place.
Release of the left over places.
At information events we will explain the further procedure. You will receive practical information on studying, recognition of courses and living abroad. This information event is very important and attendance is compulsory.
We nominate you to your chosen partner university. You will then receive information concerning the necessary application documents that must be submitted to the partner university by a specified deadline.