The first step is to apply at the Department of International Affairs at Viadrina. After our confirmation you apply directly at the partner university.
- The confirmation from Viadrina that you application has been successful is not the final confirmation of your stay abroad. The final decision is made by the partner university, which will be informed of our decision. Usually, students that we nominate will be accepted.
- Please be aware that it is not possible to apply to the partner university before you have received a confirmation from the Department of International Affairs of the Viadrina.
Application to the Viadrina International Affairs/ Faculty of Law
Applications should be addressed to Prof. Carmen Thiele and to Viadrina International Affairs – Nicole Klück and Christin Reise or Claudia Casiano when applying for our North and Latin American programs.
This year, we are only accept applications online or rather sending the documents by e-mail. It is not possible to submit printed documents:
The following documents are uploaded with the online application:
In German, or in English, if you prefer to.
Only on your first desired university – 1 to max. 2 A4-pages in German (or English if you prefer to write in this language).
Overview of grades
lease upload an outline of your grades (PDF from HIS-Portal in ViaCampus) which are available at the moment of application.
Master students upload their bachelor diploma grade/outline together with the outline of the so far available grades in your master, if any.
In case that not all of your academic achievements are listed in ViaCampus, please use the Transcript form which will be countersigned after presenting the additionally passed courses to the Viadrina International Affairs Department.
Proof of Language skills
PDF-form with language course overview from ViaCampus in "My Studies - My achievements"; where applicable other certificates. If you do not have any official documentation confirming your language level, please register for a language level test with the DAAD language level confirmation form (English, French, Russian, Spanish) at the respective language department in the Language Center. Special arrangements need to be made for the Spanish, Russian and English language department.
Certificate of enrollment (current semester)
This is mandatory for enrolled Viadrina students! If you are not enrolled at the Viadrina yet, please send us the proof later.
After completion of the online application, a PDF with your entered data will be created automatically. Please send it to
December 9th 2020 until 01:00 pm (e-mail receiption).
the e-mail address provided.
For the left over spots round, please find the deadlines on our website on leftover spots.
Application to the partner university
After you have received the confirmation of your stay abroad at a partner university we will have information sessions where you will be informed about how and when to apply at the partner university. These information sessions take place between February and May and you will be separately invited to them. In beforehand you can already inform yourself on the respective homepages about deadlines and required application documents at the partner university.
Information for Erasmus+ stays
Apply early, directly after the confirmation from us. Further information can be found on our website under Financing.
Please be aware that some countries require a visa, for example Turkey, and this should be obtained ahead of time.
Specific Requirements of the Partner Universities
Some partner universities require a specific GPA (Grade Point Average) or that you have completed a specific number of ECTS credits at the time of your application. All specific requirements are included in our partner university list.
Information for Non-EU stays
Overview of all grades / Transcript forms
For some partner universities a grade statement from the HIS-Portal is not sufficient. A transcript is required (sometimes in the language of host country), please find the forms here: English, Spanish, Russian. Please fill in the form and bring it together with your ViaCampus (HIS-Portal) statement to be validated by us.
- For Latin-American universities a DAAD-language certificate (take a pre-printed form with you) from the head of the Spanish language department at the Language Centre needs to be filled in. Other official language certificates might also be required.
- The North American and Australian universities require a language certificate in the form of TOEFL. As soon as you receive the confirmation that you have been chosen by Viadrina International Affairs, register with TOEFL.
- Also in Russia some partner universities require an official language certificate. You can obtain this from the head of the Russian language department at the Language Centre. Please take the pre-printed form of DAAD-language certificate with you.
A copy is required to be included with your application and it must be valid for a minimum of one year from the
Apply early, directly after you receive the confirmation from us. In some cases the Bafög forms must be included with your application to the partner university. Further information can be found on our website under Financing.
start of your stay abroad. Please have a valid passport ready.