The application is made to the Department for International Affairs of the Viadrina for a place at one of our partner universities.
After our confirmation an application directly to the partner university is necessary:
- The confirmation, from the Viadrina, that your application has been successful is not the final confirmation of a stay abroad. The final decision is made by the partner university, who will be informed of our choices. In normal circumstances, students that we nominate will be accepted.
- It is not possible to apply to the partner university before you have received a confirmation from the Department of International Affairs of the Viadrina.
Application to the Department of International Affairs of the Viadrina
Applications should be addressed to the Department of International Affairs – Aleksandra Klecha for all EU programs; Nicole Klück for Africa, Asia, Australia; Christin Reise for Georgia, Russia, Ukraine; Julian Irlenkäuser for North and Latin America.
Submit in a simple folder:
Before you complete and send your Online-Application, please check that your chosen university has a partnership contract with your faculty. For the second or rather third application round, please only consider the lists published on the website on leftover spots.
Only on your first desired university – 1 to max. 2 A4-pages in German (or English if you prefer to write in this language or if you’re applying for the double Masters with the SGH).
In German (or English if you prefer to write in this language or if you’re applying for the double Masters with the SGH).
Overview of all grades
Print out from ViaCampus (HIS-Portal). For Master students also include a copy of your bachelor certificate.
Proof of Language proficiency
PDF-form with language course overview from ViaCampus in "My Studies - My achievements"; where applicable other certificates. If you do not have any official documentation confirming your language level, please register for a language level test with the DAAD language level confirmation form (English, French, Russian, Spanish - take the pre-printed form with you) at the respective language department in the Language Centre. Special arrangements need to be made for the Russian, Spanish and English language department.
Certificate of enrollment
Does not apply to Masters students who are not yet enrolled
Offices of the Department of International Affairs
Preferably in AM 207 (but also possible in AM 209, AM 214, AM 206). Only if you do not find anyone in the mentioned rooms use the mail box in front of room AM 213.
December 11, 2018 (1pm). For the left over spots round, please find the deadlines on our website on leftover spots.
Application to the partner university
In most cases the partner universities will send you information on application details by email. You will also receive first deadlines and details at our information sessions (February-May), to which you will be invited separately.
Information for students studying abroad with the Erasmus+ program
Apply early, directly after we assign you for a study abroad spot. You can find information on our website on Financing.
Please be aware that depending on your citizenship or to study abroad in Turkey, for example, a visa is required and you should apply for it ahead of time.
Specific Requirements of the Partner Universities
Some partner universities require a specific GPA (Grade Point Average) or that you have completed a specific number of ECTS credits at the time of your application. All specific requirements are included in our partner university list.
Information for Non-EU stays
Overview of all grades / Transcript forms
For some partner universities a grade statement from ViaCampus (HIS-Portal) is not sufficient. A transcript is required (sometimes in the language of host country), please find the forms here: English, Spanish, Russian. Please fill out the form and bring it, together with your achievment overview from ViaCampsu to us for validation.
- For Latin-American universities a DAAD-language certificate (take a pre-printed form with you) from the head of Spanish language department at the Language Centre needs to be filled out. Other official language certificates might also be required.
- Some North American and Australian universities require a language certificate in the form of TOEFL. As soon as you receive the confirmation that you have been chosen for a study abraod at such a university, register for a TOEFL-Test.
- Also in Russia some partner universities require an official language certificate. You can obtain this from the head of the Russian language department at the Language Centre. Please take the pre-printed form of DAAD-language certificate with you.
Apply early, directly after we assign you for a study abroad spot. In some cases the Bafög forms must be included with your application to the partner university. Further information can be found on our website on Financing.
A copy is usually required to be included with your application and it must be valid for a minimum of one year from the start of your stay abroad. Please attend to it in a timely manner.