The application is made to the Department Viadrina International Affairs of the Viadrina for a place at one of our partner universities. After our confirmation an application directly to the partner university is necessary:
- The confirmation, from the Viadrina, that your application has been successful is not the final confirmation of a stay abroad. The final decision is made by the partner university, who will be informed of our choices. In normal circumstances, students that we nominate will be accepted.
- It is not possible to apply to the partner university before you have received a confirmation from the Department Viadrina International Affairs of the Viadrina.
Application to Viadrina International Affairs
Applications should be addressed to Viadrina International Affairs – Aleksandra Klecha for all EU programs; Nicole Klück for Africa, Asia, Australia; Christin Reise for Georgia, Russia, Ukraine; Claudia Casiano for North and Latin America.
This year, we are only accept applications online or rather by e-mail. It is not possible to submit printed documents:
Before you complete and send your Online-Application, please check that your chosen university has a partnership contract with your faculty. For the second or rather third application round, please only consider the lists published on the website on leftover spots.
If you have technical difficulties with the Online-Application please contact email@example.com.
The following documents are uploaded with the online application:
Overview of grades
Please upload an outline of your grades (PDF from HIS-Portal in ViaCampus) which are available at the moment of application.
Master students upload their bachelor diploma grade/outline together with the outline of the so far available grades in your master, if any.
Proof of Language skills
PDF-form with language course overview from ViaCampus in "My Studies - My achievements"; where applicable other certificates. If you do not have any official documentation confirming your language level, please register for a language level test with the DAAD language level confirmation form (English, French, Russian, Spanish - take the pre-printed form with you) at the respective language department in the Language Centre. Special arrangements need to be made for the Russian, Spanish and English language department.
Certificate of enrollment (current semester)
This is mandatory for enrolled Viadrina students! If you are not enrolled at the Viadrina yet, please send us the proof later.
After completion of the online application, a PDF with your entered data will be created automatically. Please send it to the e-mail address provided.
December 9th 2020 until 01:00 pm (e-mail receiption).
For the left over spots round, please find the deadlines on our website on leftover spots.
Application to the partner university
In most cases the partner universities will send you information on application details by email. You will also receive first deadlines and details at our information sessions (February-May), to which you will be invited separately.
Information for students studying abroad with the Erasmus+ program
Apply early, directly after we assign you for a study abroad spot. You can find information on our website on Financing.
Please be aware that depending on your citizenship or to study abroad in Turkey, for example, a visa is required and you should apply for it ahead of time.
Specific Requirements of the Partner Universities
Some partner universities require a specific GPA (Grade Point Average) or that you have completed a specific number of ECTS credits at the time of your application. All specific requirements are included in our partner university list.
Information for Non-EU stays
Overview of all grades / Transcript forms
For some partner universities a grade statement from ViaCampus (HIS-Portal) is not sufficient. A transcript is required (sometimes in the language of host country), please find the forms here: English, Spanish, Russian. Please fill out the form and bring it, together with your achievment overview from ViaCampsu to us for validation.
- For Latin-American universities a DAAD-language certificate (take a pre-printed form with you) from the head of Spanish language department at the Language Centre needs to be filled out. Other official language certificates might also be required.
- Some North American and Australian universities require a language certificate in the form of TOEFL. As soon as you receive the confirmation that you have been chosen for a study abraod at such a university, register for a TOEFL-Test.
- Also in Russia some partner universities require an official language certificate. You can obtain this from the head of the Russian language department at the Language Centre. Please take the pre-printed form of DAAD-language certificate with you.
Apply early, directly after we assign you for a study abroad spot. In some cases the Bafög forms must be included with your application to the partner university. Further information can be found on our website on Financing.
A copy is usually required to be included with your application and it must be valid for a minimum of one year from the start of your stay abroad. Please attend to it in a timely manner.