Business and Economics
The Department of International Affairs in cooperation with the examination board of the Faculty for Business Administration and Economics is responsible for the recognition of foreign academic achievements.
Contact person: Torsten Glase.
(EXCEPTION: Wihtin the Master of European Studies (MES) the study coordinator is responsible for the recognition of foreign academic achievements.)
Recognition of foreign academic achievements cannot be obtained directly from the relevant professor, without exception.
Tip: The answers to many questions regarding recognition can be found in the FAQ.
As a student of the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics you should discuss, with Torsten Glase, if it is possible to have your course in the foreign university officially recognized.
- For a stay abroad in Europe with Erasmus+ you should fill out the Learning Agreement and sent it, by email (processing time approx. 2-4 weeks, answer will be by email).
- For a stay abroad outside of Europe you should fill out the Learning Agreement - transferability check and send it, by email (processing time approx. 2-4 weeks, a message for collection from room AM 207 will be sent to your Viadrina email).
- Whether or not your course can be officially recognized can be established by meeting with Mr. Glase during his office hours. Please bring the course description and decide, in advance, for which module your course should be recognized.
Tip: The courses that are offered by our partner universities can be found directly on their website. Testimonies of students who have previously studied abroad can be found in their Student reports.
If, during your stay abroad you wish to change your courses, you should first consult Torsten Glase. In addition, please send an email with the following information:
- The Learning agreement with the section “During the Mobility” filled out if taking a European stay with Erasmus+ (processing time approx. 1-2 weeks, answer by email).
- The Learning agreement - tranferability check for a stay abroad in a non-European country (processing time approx. 2-4 weeks, you will reiceve an email to your Viadrina account telling you when you can collect it in room AM 207). Alternatively send the following information by email (processing time 1-2 weeks, answer by email):
- Your study at the Viadrina
- Name of the foreign university
- Course title
- Course description
- Number of ECTS credits, credits (units) of the course
- The Viadrina module that the course is to be recognized as
The recognition of foreign study performance cannot be obtained directly from the relevant professor. For recognition after your stay abroad you must submit the following documents or send them by email:
- Application for recognition of foreign academic achievements filled out and send as word document by email.
- Bachelor IBA/IBWL (german, english)
- Bachelor Wirtschaft und Recht | Recht und Wirtschaft (german)
- Master IBA (german, english)
Processing time approx. 2-4 weeks. After your recognition has been checked, your grades will automatically be forwarded to the Examinations Office for entry in the HIS portal.