Visiting students: Non-partner universities
Since you are not studying at one of our partner universities and you are interested in studying one semester or one academic year at the European University Viadrina, you can apply as a visiting student. As a visiting student you can receive certificates of examinations passed, but no degree from the Viadrina.
Please send your filled and signed application form with a foto and the following documents to the Department of International Affairs:
- completely filled in and signed student application form
- certified photocopy of the School Leaving Certificate (Abitur)
(Please be aware that the definition of a School Leaving Certificate (Abitur) can vary from country to country. If applicable, please enquire about the necessary requirements.)
- official translation of the School Leaving Certificate (Abitur)
- Transcript of Records
- ECTS form "Learning Agreement"
(If required by your home university.)
- proof of your German knowledge, if possible
- copy of your passport showing your name, date and place of birth
Please be aware of the application deadlines:
- winter semester:
15.07. for EU citizens (31.05. recommended for non-EU citizens)
- summer semester:
15.01. for EU citizens (30.11. recommended for non-EU citizens)
After your arrival here you will get enrolled at our admission office.
Please bring with you the following documents to the admission office:
- evidence of having paid the enrolment fee
- a German health insurance policy or the EU health insurance card
- your ID card or passport
- colored passport photo (for your student ID card)
You will find further information in the admission letter which you will recive from the admission after handing in your application