for ERASMUS and Exchange Students 01.-05.04.2019
The European University Viadrina is offering an orientation week from April 01st until April 05th 2019 for new arriving students. Within the orientation week we are organizing some events especially designed for exchange students.
For active participation in our orientation week, exchange and visiting students may receive 3 ECTS credits. Therefore you have to take part in the following events:
1. the Introduction from the Department of International Affairs
2. one of the meetings with the Departmental Coordinators:
Social and Cultural Sciences / Law / Business Administration and Economics
3. the Information event of the Language Centre
4. the Information event of the Writing Center
5. and one of the Intercultural Workshops
Events within the Orientation Week
Be aware that some of the events are offered for each faculty.
Introduction into Studying at the Viadrina for ERASMUS and Exchange Students
03:00pm-05:00pm | Department of International Affairs
Place*: GD HS 8, Bernd Schünow
Here you find the presentation of this introduction.
- 09:30am-10:30am | Faculty of Social and Cultural Sciences
Place*: GD HS 2, Nicole Klück
- 01:00pm-02:00pm | Faculty of Law
Place*: GD HS 3, Prof. Dr. Carmen Thiele
- 03:15pm-05:15pm | Faculty of Business Administration and Economics
Place*: GD HS 2, Torsten Glase
Here you find the presentation of the introduction for the Faculty of Law.
Introduction into the Online Systems of the Viadrina for ERASMUS and Exchange Students
- 10:45am-12:15pm | "Virtual Life @ Viadrina" (viaCampus/HIS, WLAN, Email, E-learning, Moodle)
Place*: GD HS 1, IKMZ & Department of International Affairs
Here you will later find the presentation of this introduction.
Introduction into the Writing Center
- 03:15pm-04:15pm | Writing Center
Place*: GD HS 8
- 03:15pm-04:15pm | Writing Center
Entry Level Tests for Foreign Languages
Students who have any preknowledge of a language must attend an entry level test if they want to participate in a language course, which is offered by the Language Centre ("Sprachenzentrum"). There is no need to register for the entry test. More information are available on the Website of the Language Centre ("Sprachenzentrum").
- Important: Regulations for the allocation of ECTS-credits for language courses!
Beyond our program during the introduction week, we also offer intercultural workshops for ERASMUS students. Since the number of participants is limited to a maximum of 20 students, a pre-registration is necessary. The list will be placed on our website well in advance. Time, date place and the list of participants of the work shops are published in the chart below:
- from 01.04.2019 on via e-mail with the subject: „Workshop registration“ to:
- max. 20 participants per Workshop
Date Time Place* / Language Participants 11.04.2019 10 am - 5 pm GD 312 | English list of participants 12.04.2019 10 am - 5 pm GD 312 | English list of participants 15.04.2019 10 am - 5 pm GD 312 | English list of participants 26.04.2019 10 am - 5 pm GD 312 | English list of participants
!Due to the small number of participants, the German workshop does not take place!
* Buildings of the Viadrina:
GD - Gräfin-Dönhoff-Gebäude | AM - Auditorium Maximum/ Audimax | HG - Hauptgebäude/ Bibliothek | LH - Logenhaus/ Logensaal | PG - Postgebäude/ Stephan-Saal | AB - August-Bebel-Straße/ Seminargebäude | CP - Collegium Polonicum | IBZ - Internationales Begegnungszentrum