Coronavirus: information for students
latest information added: 30rd March 2020
On this website we provide you with the most important information about the security measures at Viadrina. Please check this website regularly.
If you have any questions or are needing support,
please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting from Tuesday, 24th March 2020, the Viadrina will go into an emergency mode (Präsenz-Notbetrieb).
From Tuesday on all Viadrina buildings will be accessible only for a defined group of employees. Viadrina employees will be working from home.
Online teaching starts on 14th April 2020. There will be no classroom teaching until at least 19th April 2020.
- This rule also applies to the Orientation Week, intensive language courses and postgraduate courses.
- All courses and language courses of the summer semester will as best as possible be offered online starting from 14 April 2020. From the end of March onwards, the Moodle courses will be gradually activated by your lecturers and teachers. Introductory events at the beginning of the semester as well as placement tests for language courses will also be offered online. If you require a placement, please send an email with the language of your choice to email@example.com.
>>>Please register for the Moodle courses for your summer semester courses and lectures.<<<
- From the end of March onwards, the Moodle courses will be gradually activated by your lecturers and teachers.
- Please find the links to the Moodle courses of your courses in ViaCampus.
- This measure will have no effect on the end of term (Vorlesungszeit), which will be on 24th July.
- All services and consultations (Sprechstunden) can only be provided online, via mail or via phone. Please inform yourselves on the respective websites.
All written examinations (Klausuren) planned for the winter semester 2019/20 have been cancelled. The responsible examination boards will set alternative dates for the cancelled examinations as soon as this is possible again in order to minimize negative effects for the affected students. We will inform you about the new examination dates as soon as possible.
Whether oral examinations can be held, will be decided on a case by case basis. Please contact your examiner. If all (!) participants (examinee, examiners) agree, oral examinations can be carried out. Observance of the hygiene precautions necessary in the current situation must be guaranteed.
Processing times for BA- and MA theses extended
- The processing times for Bachelor and Master theses that were registered before 15 March 2020 with a submission deadline after 16 March (the day the Viadrina library was closed) will be extended by the examination boards by two months. This applies regardless of whether you are notified individually. The examination offices are obliged to consider papers received by mail as submitted on time.
>>> Exception: By decision of the examination board of the Faculty of Economic Sciences, an application is required for Bachelor and Master theses at the Faculty of Economic Sciences.<<<
- Arrangements for the extension of processing times for term papers and other written examinations are made by the examination boards.
You will find regulations on examinations, written term papers and theses here:
- Faculty of Law (in German)
- Faculty of Social and Cultural Sciences (in German)
- Faculty of Business Administration and Economics
- Master of European Studies (in German)
- Master of Mediation and Conflict Management (in German)
- Language Center (in German)
Decisions on the extension of study course agreements (Studienverlaufsvereinbarungen) is made by the responsible examination board in each individual case.
The recognition of internships is possible as usual. Please refer to the Career Center website for all information on the recognition procedure and contact persons.
The library of the European University remains closed until further notice.
- Information on online-access to media can be found at the library website.
Until and including the 19th April, all conferences, congresses and events are cancelled.
This also applies to events organized by third parties. All Meetings (including board/committee meetings) can only be held via videoconference or phone.
The student services organisation Frankfurt (Oder) (Studentenwerk) provides consultation via phone and e-mail.
Student ID cards cannot be validated at present.
ID Cards already sent in will be processed.
The Verkehrsverbund Berlin Brandenburg (VBB) informs: VBB semester tickets for the winter semester 2019/20, which expire on 31.03.2020, will still be accepted as tickets. The regulation is valid until 30.04.2020. You need to be able to present a certificate of enrolment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) for the summer semester 2020.
On determination of the Brandenburg Ministry for Health (in German):
If you have visited a risk area or an area of Germany that is especially affected, you are not permitted to enter the European University for 14 days (beginning from the time of your return from such an area). What counts as a risk area and especially affected areas is established by the Robert Koch Institute (page currently only in German).
If you have sickness symptoms, please stay at home and contact a doctor and/or the Health Office (Gesundheitsamt).
In all the decisions we take, we have your interests as students in mind and will do all that is possible to avoid a negative impact on your studies.
Coronavirus information for International Students in Germany
Answers of the Robert Koch Institute to frequently asked questions (in German)
News on the corona virus from the Federal Ministry of Health (in German)