Coronavirus: Immediate measures, rules, information
|Students||Employees / Lecturers (in German)|
Last update: November 25th 2021
You will find rules and preventive safety measures on this site, that apply to European University Viadrina and have been reconciled with the Ministry of Science, Research and Culture and with all higher education institutions in the State of Brandenburg as well as the City of Frankfurt (Oder).
The university buildings are open to the public. Access is prohibited for persons who are ill with Covid-19 or who are suspected of being infected. In accordance with the house rules (in German), the 3G rule (vaccinated, tested or recovered) applies.
The main building is open from Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 8.30 a.m. to 7 p.m and Sunday from 10.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m..
The Gräfin-Dönhoff building, the Audimax and the Viadrina-Building in August-Bebel-Straße and the Logenhaus are open Monday to Friday from 6.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. The building at Große Scharrnstraße 23a is open Monday to Friday from 8.00 a. m. to 6.00 p. m.
The Mensa in the GD as well as the coffee bar in the main building are also open again, you can find the current opening hours on the website of the Studentenwerk. Please note that the 3G rule applies to the use of the Mensa.
The University Library is open weekdays 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m and Sundays from 11 a. m. to 6 p. m. On-site registration is required to use the reading room and the 3G rule applies.
The Collegium Polonicum is accessible in compliance with special rules of residence, that are written down in the hygiene concept for the Collegium Polonicum (in German). The 3G rule does not apply there. However, we advise you to follow it voluntarily. Here you can find the opening hours of the Collegium Polonicum library.
To reduce the risk of infection for employees or students in the Viadrina buildings, the following hygiene measures apply:
- Please keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres or 1 metre at the fixed seat.
- Wearing a medical mask (OP mask or FFP2 mask) is compulsory in all Viadrina buildings.
- Regular hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds is one of the most important hygiene measures.
- The ventilation systems in all Viadrina buildings are operated in accordance with current infection protection standards
- In all offices and seminar rooms, lecture halls, sanitary areas and corridors, door handles and light switches are disinfected once a day, as are handrails in all stairways, lifts and public photocopiers.
- Separate rules (available in German) apply to the University Library. Outside the workplace, the obligation to wear a medical mask applies in the reading room.
- Separate cleaning of the rooms takes place before examinations. Students who write exams will receive detailed information about hygiene and behavioral measures in a confirmation e-mail before their exam.
- We kindly ask you to use the Corona Warning App of the Federal Government. The app helps to identify chains of infection and supports the health authorities in containing the pandemic.
We kindly ask you to follow the current instructions of the Federal Centre for Health Education (available in German).
Please address questions and concerns regarding the coronavirus to: email@example.com.