Coronavirus: Immediate measures, rules, information
|Students||Employees / Lecturers (in German)|
You will find rules and preventive safety measures on this site, that apply to European University Viadrina and have been reconciled with the Ministry of Science, Research and Culture and with all higher education institutions in the State of Brandenburg as well as the City of Frankfurt (Oder).
- Please keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres.
- Wearing a mouth-and-nose protector is mandatory in all Viadrina buildings. With the entry into force of the Containment Regulations of the State of Brandenburg on 2.11.2020, this also applies at a fixed seat during the course. In offices, the obligation to wear the mouth-and-nose cover does not apply if you stay at your workplace and can safely keep the minimum distance of 1.5 m to your colleagues.
Regular hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds is one of the most important hygiene measures.
The ventilation systems in all Viadrina buildings are operated in accordance with current infection protection standards. Nevertheless, please air your offices and meeting rooms regularly.
In all offices and seminar rooms, lecture halls, sanitary areas and corridors, door handles and light switches are disinfected once a day, as are handrails in all stairways, lifts and public photocopiers. Separate cleaning of the rooms takes place before examinations.
- Separate rules apply to the University Library.
- Separate cleaning of the rooms takes place before tests.
- We kindly ask you to use the Corona Warning App of the Federal Government. The app helps to identify chains of infection and supports the health authorities in containing the pandemic.
If you are ill, please stay at home and contact your family doctor. Access to Viadrina buildings is prohibited for persons who have contracted the virus or are suspected of having it. .
The government of the State of Brandenburg provides up-to-date information on preventive measures in Brandenburg (available in German).
Due to the current situation, the Gräfin-Dönhoff building and Logenhaus are only open for members of the Viadrina.
The cafeteria in the Gräfin-Dönhoff building is also currently not open to external guests, but only to university members and associates.
The main building is open from 9am to 8om. The University Library is open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 7 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm for members of the university and external users with a user card.
The cafeteria (Mensa) in the Gräfin-Dönhoff building is open from Monday to Friday, 11.30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Coffeebar in the main building is also open daily from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with a take-away offer.
Until further notice public events cannot take place in the Viadrina buildings until further notice. If possible, online alternatives will be made available to the interested public.
The Collegium Polonicum is accessible following special rules of residence (in German).
Please address questions and concerns regarding the coronavirus to: email@example.com.
- Current containment regulations of the State of Brandenburg ("Eindämmungsverordnung"; in German)
- Rozporządzenie Landu Brandenburgia dot. kwarantanny dla osób wjeżdżających i powracających (in Polish)
- Informationen about Corona from the Frankfurt (Oder) city administration (in German)
- The Robert-Koch Institute answers FAQs related to the coronavirus