Coronavirus: Immediate measures, rules, information
|students||staff (in German)|
The following preventive safety measures and rules apply for the European University Viadrina and have been reached in consultation with the Ministry for Science, Research and Culture and with all higher education institutions in the State of Brandenburg as well as the City of Frankfurt (Oder) in view of the spread of the new coronavirus.
Detailed information for students and employees / lecturers (in German only) can be found on the respective pages.
- The buildings of the University are closed to the public and are only accessible for meetings with members and relatives of the University on agreed dates.
- The bistro in the Gräfin-Dönhoff building is also open to external guests with a snack offer from Monday to Friday, 11.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m..
- The library will remain closed to the public for the time being. Services for employees and students are offered.
- From July onwards, occasional events will take place in compliance with distance and hygiene regulations. The registration of participants is required by the contact regulation (Umgangsverordnung).
- Committee meetings (Viadrina-internal) can take place as telephone or video conferences, or - in compliance with the rules of distance and hygiene - on site.
- The Collegium Polonicum is accessible again under observance of special rules of residence. (in German).
Oral examinations as well as written exams will be held in person, observing the rules of distance and hygiene.
- In all office and seminar rooms, lecture halls, sanitary areas and corridors, door handles and light switches are disinfected once a day, as are handrails in all stairways, lifts and public photocopiers.
- Separate rules apply to the University Library, such as the wearing of a mouth-and-nose protection when using the reading room outside of the permanent workplace. In the University Library, the counter area and other circulation areas such as door handles and handrails are disinfected daily.
- Separate cleaning of the rooms takes place before examinations.
- For your own protection and the protection of others, a minimum distance of 1.50 metres should be observed. Where this is not possible, mouth-and-nose cover should be worn. This applies in particular to the use of lifts. If possible, use the staircases to ensure that lifts are available for people with disabilities.
- The most important measure - and you have this "in your own hands" - remains regular hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds.
We kindly ask you to observe the current instructions of the Federal Centre for Health Education (in German).
The government of the State of Brandenburg provides up-to-date information on preventive measures in Brandenburg.
Please address questions and concerns regarding the coronavirus to: email@example.com.
The Robert-Koch Institute answers frequently asked questions related to the coronavirus.