Coronavirus: Immediate measures, rules, information
|Students||Employees / Lecturers (in German)|
Last update: July 16th 2021
You will find rules and preventive safety measures on this site, that apply to European University Viadrina and have been reconciled with the Ministry of Science, Research and Culture and with all higher education institutions in the State of Brandenburg as well as the City of Frankfurt (Oder).
The mensa in the GD as well as the coffee bar in the main building are also open for external guests. You can find the current opening hours on the pages of the Studentenwerk.
The main building is open from Monday to Friday from 6 am to 8 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 7 pm.
The Gräfin-Dönhoff building, the Audimax and the Viadrina-Building in August-Bebel-Straße are open Monday to Friday from 6 am to 6 pm. The Logenhaus and the building at Große Scharrnstraße 23a are open Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm.
The University Library is open on weekdays 9 am to 7 pm, and Saturdays and Sundays, 11 am to 6 pm, also for registered users. For the use of the reading room, on-site registration is required, as well as a negative test certificate that is no more than 72 hours old in accordance with § 2 number 7 of the COVID-19 Protective Measures Exemption Ordinance (so-called rapid test). There is no obligation to test.
The Collegium Polonicum is accessible following special rules of residence (in German). Here you can find the opening hours of the Collegium Polonicum library.
- Please keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres.
- Wearing a medical mask (OP mask or FFP2 mask) is compulsory in all Viadrina buildings. This also applies in office and administration rooms as well as during presence examinations and lectures - outside the fixed seat and if the respective valid minimum distance of 1.5 or 1 m cannot be safely maintained.
Regular hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds is one of the most important hygiene measures.
The ventilation systems in all Viadrina buildings are operated in accordance with current infection protection standards. In addition, please air your offices and meeting rooms regularly.
In all offices and seminar rooms, lecture halls, sanitary areas and corridors, door handles and light switches are disinfected once a day, as are handrails in all stairways, lifts and public photocopiers. Separate cleaning of the rooms takes place before examinations.
- Separate rules apply to the University Library.
- Separate cleaning of the rooms takes place before tests.
- If you are ill, please stay at home and contact your family doctor. Access to Viadrina buildings is prohibited for persons who have contracted the virus or are suspected of having it.
- We kindly ask you to use the Corona Warning App of the Federal Government. The app helps to identify chains of infection and supports the health authorities in containing the pandemic.
The government of the State of Brandenburg provides up-to-date information on preventive measures in Brandenburg (available in German).
Please address questions and concerns regarding the coronavirus to: email@example.com.
- Contact Ordinance of the State of Brandenburg ("Umgangsverordnung"; available in German)