Coronavirus: Immediate measures, rules, information
|Students||Employees / Lecturers (in German)|
Last update: 04.01.2022
You will find rules and preventive safety measures on this site, that apply to European University Viadrina and have been reconciled with the Ministry of Science, Research and Culture and with all higher education institutions in the State of Brandenburg as well as the City of Frankfurt (Oder).
The university buildings are open to the public. Access is prohibited for persons who are ill with Covid-19 or who are suspected of being infected. In accordance with the house rules (in German), the 3G rule (vaccinated, tested or recovered) applies.
The main building is open from Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 8.30 a.m. to 7 p.m and Sunday from 10.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m..
The Gräfin-Dönhoff building, the Audimax and the Viadrina-Building in August-Bebel-Straße and the Logenhaus are open Monday to Friday from 6.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. The building at Große Scharrnstraße 23a is open Monday to Friday from 8.00 a. m. to 6.00 p. m.
The Mensa in the GD as well as the coffee bar in the main building are also open again, you can find the current opening hours on the website of the Studentenwerk. Please note that the 3G rule applies to the use of the Mensa.
The University Library is open weekdays 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m and Sundays from 11 a. m. to 6 p. m. On-site registration is required to use the reading room and the 3G rule applies.
The Collegium Polonicum is accessible in compliance with special rules of residence, that are written down in the hygiene concept for the Collegium Polonicum (in German). The 3G rule does not apply there. However, we advise you to follow it voluntarily. Here you can find the opening hours of the Collegium Polonicum library.
Organizers can also provide increased security requirements for their events, e.g. B. Participation only for vaccinated and convalescent people (2G rule).
To reduce the risk of infection for employees or students in the Viadrina buildings, the following hygiene measures apply:
- In the Viadrina buildings, it is mandatory to keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters and to wear a medical mask (surgical mask or FFP2 mask).
Exceptions to the mask requirement exist only in the individual office at the permanent workplace as well as in teaching and at special events in the cases provided for by the applicable handling or containment ordinance. In offices with multiple occupancy, in meetings, joint breaks and committee meetings, the mask requirement can only be waived if the intervals are observed and all those present voluntarily inform themselves that they have been vaccinated or have recovered.
- Regular hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds is one of the most important hygiene measures.
- The ventilation systems in all Viadrina buildings are operated in accordance with current infection protection standards. Please also ventilate your office and meeting rooms regularly.
- In all offices and seminar rooms, lecture halls, sanitary areas and corridors, door handles and light switches are disinfected once a day, as are handrails in all stairways, lifts and public photocopiers.
- Separate rules (available in German) apply to the University Library.
- The rooms are cleaned separately before examinations.
- If you are sick, please stay at home and contact your general practitioner. Access to Viadrina buildings is prohibited for people who are infected with the virus or who are suspected of having an infection.
- We kindly ask you to use the Corona Warning App of the Federal Government. The app helps to identify chains of infection and supports the health authorities in containing the pandemic.
We kindly ask you to follow the current instructions of the Federal Centre for Health Education (available in German).
Please address questions and concerns regarding the coronavirus to: email@example.com.