Coronavirus: Immediate measures, rules, information
|Students||Employees / Lecturers (in German)|
Last update: May 10th 2021
You will find rules and preventive safety measures on this site, that apply to European University Viadrina and have been reconciled with the Ministry of Science, Research and Culture and with all higher education institutions in the State of Brandenburg as well as the City of Frankfurt (Oder).
- Please keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres.
- Wearing a medical mask (OP mask or FFP2 mask) is compulsaryin all Viadrina buildings. This also applies in office and administration rooms - outside the fixed seating area and if the minimum distance of 1.5 m cannot be kept.
Regular hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds is one of the most important hygiene measures.
The ventilation systems in all Viadrina buildings are operated in accordance with current infection protection standards. In addition, please air your offices and meeting rooms regularly.
In all offices and seminar rooms, lecture halls, sanitary areas and corridors, door handles and light switches are disinfected once a day, as are handrails in all stairways, lifts and public photocopiers. Separate cleaning of the rooms takes place before examinations.
- Separate rules apply to the University Library.
- Separate cleaning of the rooms takes place before tests.
- If you are ill, please stay at home and contact your family doctor. Access to Viadrina buildings is prohibited for persons who have contracted the virus or are suspected of having it.
- We kindly ask you to use the Corona Warning App of the Federal Government. The app helps to identify chains of infection and supports the health authorities in containing the pandemic.
The government of the State of Brandenburg provides up-to-date information on preventive measures in Brandenburg (available in German).
Due to the current situation, the Gräfin-Dönhoff building and Logenhaus are open only for members and affiliates of the Viadrina.
The mensa in the GD offers two different takeaway meals from Monday to Friday, from 11.30 am to 2.30 pm.
The main building is open from Monday to Friday from 9am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm.
The Gräfin-Dönhoff building, the Audimax and all other Viadrina buildings are open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.
The University Library is only open to members and affiliates of the University until further notice.
Until further notice public events cannot take place in the Viadrina buildings until further notice. If possible, online alternatives will be made available to the interested public.
The Collegium Polonicum is accessible following special rules of residence (in German). Here you can find the opening hours of the Collegium Polonicum library.
Please address questions and concerns regarding the coronavirus to: email@example.com.
- Current containment regulations of the State of Brandenburg ("Eindämmungsverordnung"; available in German)
- Rozporządzenie Landu Brandenburgia dot. kwarantanny dla osób wjeżdżających i powracających (available in Polish)
- Informationen about Corona from the Frankfurt (Oder) city administration (in German)
- The Robert-Koch Institute answers FAQs related to the coronavirus