Coronavirus: Immediate measures, rules, information
|students||staff (in German)|
Last update May 25th:
- Quarantine regulations of the State of Brandenburg
The following preventive safety measures and rules apply for the European University Viadrina and have been reached in consultation with the Ministry for Science, Research and Culture and with all higher education institutions in the State of Brandenburg as well as the City of Frankfurt (Oder) in view of the spread of the new coronavirus.
- All university buildings are closed.
- The library remains closed to the public. Services for staff and students are offered.
- The employees continue to work mainly from home, carrying out research and ensuring the administrative processes.
- There are no conferences, meetings or other public events. Third-party events are also affected.
- Committee meetings (Link Viadrina internal) and other working meetings can only take place as telephone or video conferences.
Oral examinations as well as written exams will be held in person, observing the rules of distance and hygiene.
Persons entering the State of Brandenburg from a country outside the European Union and the countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, including via another federal state, are obliged to go into domestic quarantine immediately after entry and directly for 14 days, unless one of the exceptions according to § 2 of the quarantine regulations of the State of Brandenburg applies (e.g. for commuters).
- In all office and seminar rooms, lecture halls, sanitary areas and corridors, door handles and light switches are disinfected once a day, as are handrails in all stairways, lifts and public photocopiers.
- Special rules apply for the restricted operation of the University Library from 18 May onwards, such as wearing a mouth-and-nose protection when using the reading room outside the permanent workplace. In the University Library, the counter area and other circulation areas such as door handles and handrails are disinfected daily.
- Separate cleaning of the rooms takes place before examinations.
- For your own protection and the protection of others, a minimum distance of 1.50 metres should be observed. Where this is not possible, mouth-and-nose protection should be worn. This applies in particular to the use of lifts. If possible, use the staircases to ensure that lifts are available for people with disabilities.
- The most important measure - and you have this "in your own hands" - remains regular hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds.
We kindly ask you to observe the current instructions of the Federal Centre for Health Education (in German).
The government of the State of Brandenburg provides up-to-date information on preventive measures in Brandenburg.
Please address questions and concerns regarding the coronavirus to: email@example.com.
The Robert-Koch Institute answers frequently asked questions related to the coronavirus.