Ashak is a typical Afghan dish and resembles the German “Maultaschen”. The preparation is a lot of fun and by no means difficult. With different sauces you can personalize the dish wonderfully. Ashak tastes best with Gandana, an Afghan flatbread.
- Mix flour, salt, eggs and warm water in a bowl and knead into a firm dough. Wrap dough in cling film and let rest for half anhour.
- Season Gandana with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and oil.
- Flatten the dough by hand and make small dumplings filled with Ganada.
- Boil the filled dumplings in hot water for about 20 minutes.
- Ashak can be served with a variety of gravy, according to your individual taste. We recommend a tomato minced meat sauce or zaziki as a dip.