Essay Competition: Gender@Viadrina
The Gender Equality Officer of the European University Viadrina invites all students to the first essay competition of the Gender Equality Office! Around 5000 different people study at Viadrina, and all of them have to feel comfortable and safe. But how do you perceive the university as a woman, man, trans*, inter* or (other) non-binary person? Discrimination based on gender or sexual orientation runs through all areas of society, including the university. The Gender Equality Office would like to stimulate a discussion on gender and the university and therefore invites all students to contribute their experiences, observations and perspectives in the form of an essay.
How can I participate?
- The essay should be 7,000 - 15,000 characters long including spaces (corresponds to approx. 3-6 pages).
- The essay should be written in German or English.
- Ideally, the essay should have a clear connection to the university and you should refer to observations or experiences from your everyday study life at the Viadrina.
Who can participate?
- All persons who are enrolled in a BA or MA programme at the Viadrina.
- Viadrina wants all members of the university to have equal opportunities and to feel represented and treated fairly. No one should be excluded, made fun of or disadvantaged. With this essay competition, we want to start a conversation about gender equality at the university and amplify student voices in the discussion.
- In addition, the first place winner will win 200 euros!
If you want to participate, send us your essay by May 12, 2023 to:
Any more questions?
If you have any questions or need more information, please send an email to email@example.com.