Banner Viadrina

Insurance and visa

Here you will find useful information regarding insurance and visas:

As the mobility grant provider is not liable for potential damages arising from illness, death, accident, injury to persons, loss and/or damage to property in connection with the stay abroad, it is generally recommended to obtain the following insurances for the duration of the mobility abroad:

  • International health insurance with repatriation from abroad (also in case of death)
  • Accident insurance with protection abroad
  • Liability insurance with international cover

Please note that private lecturers and teaching assistants are not insured by the European University Viadrina. For this reason, liability or health insurance should be taken out independently before starting a teaching stay abroad.


EU citizens do not need a visa to stay in other European countries, but in some cases there are residence formalities to be observed locally. Please note that these formalities often incur costs. You can usually obtain information about this from our partner universities and the respective foreign representation of the host country.


Non-EU citizens should note that visas must sometimes be applied for in their respective home countries. Often, however, the visa can be applied for at the respective embassy in Germany. Please note, however, that the application formalities can take a long time.

Here you will find current offers.