The funding scheme PROGRESS, part of Europan Union's Programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI), fosters the modernization of employment and social policies in Europe. In particular, it supports the improvement of EU policies in the following areas:
- employment, in particular fight against youth unemployment
- social protection, social inclusion and the reduction and prevention of poverty
- working conditions.
The projects financed by PROGRESS shall:
- Strengthen coordination of action at EU and national level in the areas of employment, social affairs and inclusion.
- Support the development of adequate social protection systems and labour market policies.
- Modernise EU legislation and ensure its effective application.