The Ethics Commission
In March 2015, the Senate of the European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) installed the Ethics Commission at the University. The commission and its members are appointed for three years. The current members are the following:
- The Vice President for Research, Graduate Education, Entrepreneurship, and Transfer, Prof. Dr. Martin Eisend (Chair)
- Prof. Dr. Wolff Heintschel von Heinegg (Faculty of Law)
- Prof. Dr. Anette Werberger (Faculty of Social and Cultural Sciences)
- Prof. Dr. Dagmara Jajesniak-Quast (Faculty of Business Administration and Economics)
- Steffi Tetzlaff (Department of Human Resources, D 2)
- Edgar Baumgärtner (Research Assistant)
- Eric Gilian (Student Member)
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Rixen (External member, Universität zu Köln)
The revised edition of the Ordnung zur Einrichtung einer Ethikkommission des Senates der Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), enacted by the Senate on November 3, 2021, determines which research projects are reviewed by the commission, which persons are entitled to submit applications (§3), and how the application procedure ensues (§4). It also explains the examination procedure for research projects.
The commission informs applicants about the result of the review in a substantiated vote in the form of “approval”, “approval under reserve and, if applicable, with requirements”, or “rejection” (§5).
For further questions please contact: