The Justice Programme of European Commission's Directorate-General for Justice and Consumers shall contribute to the further development of a European area of freedom, security and justice based on mutual recognition and mutual trust.
In the period 2014-2020 the program is endowed with a budget of 378 million euro and promotes legal cooperation in Europe in the following areas:
- Civil matters
- Criminal matters
- Judicial training, including language training on legal terminology
- Effective access to justice in Europe, including rights of victims of crime and procedural rights in criminal proceedings
- Initiatives in the field of drugs policy (judicial cooperation and crime prevention aspects)
What can be funded?
- Training activities and mutual learning
- Analytical activities (studies, data collection)
- Development of common methodologies and preparation of guides
- Awareness-raising activities, dissemination, conferences,…
- Support for relevant civil society actors (key European NGOs and networks, Member States' authorities implementing Union law)