Viadrina College Language Course
The Viadrina College Language Course prepares international high-school graduates and prospective students in terms of German language to start their studies at the European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder).
Duration of the study preparation: 12 months
Time period of the study preparation: October of each year - September of the following year
The language course within the Viadrina College includes the following aspects:
- German language course: 12 hours/week per semester
- German langauge course from B2 to C1
- Intensive training of listening comprehension, reading comprehension, verbal and written communication
- Preparation course for the German language examination for university entrance (DSH) with subsequent DSH exam
The cost of participation in the 12-month Viadrina College Language Course will be covered by the European University Viadrina. This includes the following costs:
- Cost for the German Language Course B2-C1
- Costs for intensive training of listening comprehension, reading comprehension, verbal and written communication
- Opportunity to attend regular courses in the desired field of study
Participants need to cover the following costs by themselves:
- Teaching and classroom material (e.g. coursebooks)
- Costs for the preparation course for the German language examination for university entrance (DSH)
- Costs for the DSH exam
- Semester contribution incl. semester ticket for Berlin/Brandenburg
- If necessary residence permit for the period of the study preparation
It may be necessary to take out additional private health insurance for the period of the Viadrina College Language Course if participants do not have insurance that covers costs in Germany. If necessary, we can assist you in finding a room in a student dormitory.
The Viadrina College Language Course is aimed at international high-school graudates and prospective students with a direct university entrance qualification in Germany. Depending on the desired field of study, participants who successfully finished the Viadrina College Language Course and gained all enrollment requirements can choose from the range of Bachelor programs offered at the European University Viadrina. You can find an overview of all study programs here.
You are not sure if you have a direct university entrance qualification in Germany? Please check in the database 'anabin' if your school-leaving certificate is recognized. Please feel free to contact us in case of further questions.
The following requirements must be fulfilled to apply for the Viadrina College Language Course:
- School-leaving certificate of your home country and direct university entrance qualification in Germany
- German language skills on B1 level (e.g. DSD I certificate)
- At least 17 years old on October 1 in the year of program completion
- Interest in an undergraduate degree program at the European University Viadrina
Procedure of the application process
The application process for the Viadrina College Language Course contains several steps:
Step 1: The application procedure takes place via our online application portal. Please upload the following documents in the online application portal in the period from April 1, 2023 till June 1, 2023 the latest. Please upload the following documents for an application in the online application portal by June 1, 2023 (11:59 p.m. CET) the latest:
- Completely filled online application form
- Letter of Motivation
- Latest proof of German language skills on B1 level (max. 6 months old)
- High-school diploma from your home country or mid-term diploma (if high-school diploma is not available yet)
- Copy of your passport (first page/front page) or your ID
Please click here to apply for the Viadrina College Language Course.
You need to first register in the online application portal. You will then receive an activation link by email. Please note that the activation link is only valid for 24 hours. After clicking on the activation link, you can set your individual password and subsequently start your online application. Please note that the email witht he activation link may arrive with a time dealy. Please be patient and also check your SPAM folder.
After successfully completing the online application form, uploaded all necessary documents and submitted the application form online, you will receive a PDF file of your application. Please print out this file, sign it, scan it (with your signature) and send it in PDF file to email@example.com.
Important: Please note that without this step your application is not complete!
Step 2: After pre-selection on basis of all submitted documents, you will be invited to attend a German Placement Test. The Placement Test will most likely take place online on June 9, 2023.
Step 3: After successfully completing the German Placement Test, we will invite you to an interview. The short interview will most likely take place from June 14, 2023 till June 16, 2023. The interview will take place online, e.g. via Zoom.
Step 4: After the interview qualified candidates will be accepted to participate in the Viadrina College Language Course. Afterwards you will receive further information about the study preparation at the European University Viadrina.
The European University Viadrina sets great value on a student-oriented advisory and support system. This allows the participants of the Viadrina College Language Course access to specific guidance and counselling before and during their participation in the study preparatory program and to quickly integrate at the university and in the city of Frankfurt (Oder). We offer help in finding a room in one of the student dormitories. Besides attedinging German langauge courses, participants have the opportunity to attend regular courses in the desired field of study. ECTS credits received for atteinding regular courses successfully can be recognized for your subseqeunt Bachelor studies. If needed, support from other students or the academic advisory service can be provided.