Banner Viadrina

Family Affairs Office

Family-Friendly Infrastructure

Satellitenkarussel_HP ©Heide Fest

Your children are welcomed at our University. Both, in the main building and in the Collegium Polonicum on the Polish side of the Oder, there is a family-oriented environment with special rooms catered to students and employees with children. Some of them offer nursing and baby changing facilities, some other are designed for playing and relaxation. The rooms are equipped with play facilities for children at different ages. Moreover, in all University buildings there are changing tables and a playground awaits the children directly at the University square. In addition, parents will find a children corner and baby high chairs in the canteen. Finally, our little guests will discover a chest with fables and children stories in the library.

Services and Facilities

Diaper changing possibilities

  • Gräfin-Dönhoff-Building: In the wheelchair-accessible toilet close to the Mensa.
  • Main Building: In the wheelchair-accessible toilet opposite to room 016 and inside parent-child room K20.
  • Auditorium Maximum: In the women´s and men´s toilet at the waiting area for Department of Student Affairs.
  • Collegium Polonicum: In the women´s and men´s toilet on the ground floor, right corridor.
  • August-Bebel-Strasse: In the wheelchair-accessible toilet on the first floor.

Breastfeeding and relaxation room (Still- und Ruheraum)

  • The Breastfeeding and relaxation room is located in the main building on the ground floor (HG 84). The key is available from the gatekeeper.

Parent-child room (Eltern-Kind-Raum)

  • The parent-child room is located in the main building, in the basement (HG K20). The key is available from the gatekeeper.
  • In the Collegium Polonicum there is a parent-child room located in the basement of the building. The key is available from the gatekeeper.


  • The University playground is located between main building and Auditorium Maximum at the north end of the newly designed Universitätsplatz.

For more information please contact the Family Representative.