Customized and Faculty Led Short Term Programs
Since 2008, the Team here at Viadrina has been working cooperatively with several renowned international universities to provide a unique summer school and faculty led program for students. We have endeavoured to create a program that is academically focussed but also caters to the many students who come from all over the world. Our program offers many incredible experiences and opportunities such as:
- A unique multicultural atmosphere within both the University and city itself.
- A close proximity between Frankfurt Oder and the Polish town of Słubice.
- A short distance of only an hour’s train journey to the ever-exciting German capital of Berlin.
These characteristics and more allow our program to offer something that other universities cannot and is why we were voted as the most popular University last year by the students themselves.
Developing a program together:
Together with you, we will work on a unique program that fits your interests, your wishes and your needs. Often the program will involve teaching modules, interactive seminars, field trips and excursions – also pan-European. Depending on the intensity and content of the selected program, the duration and cost of the course may vary.
What we can offer to you:
- Highly qualified lecturers and guest speakers
- Language courses for German and Polish for all levels
- Preparation of transcripts
- Organized Company Visits
- International excursions
What our university and city have to offer you:
- Well-equipped lecture halls, seminar and conference rooms in Frankfurt (Oder) and Słubice
- Technical support
- Free WI-FI on campus
- Practical accommodation in various residence halls or hotels in Germany and Poland
- Recreation and sport
What we can do to help you settle in upon arrival:
- Coordination of transport, accommodation, excursions, guided tours, city trips and meals
- Provision of a student assistant for all activities
- Cultural, active and social activities in Frankfurt (Oder) and Słubice
- Arrangements of meetings with local companies and institutions
- Help with visa applications
The Viadrina is an exciting place full of interesting history, remarkable architecture and with the Oder River dividing Germany and Poland an experience that is solely Frankfurt an der Oder. If you also have a desire to travel, our central European location offers a vast number of opportunities to the many incredible cities all over Europe.
The Summer School Team will provide on-side organization and support. We are looking forward to meeting you!