Erasmus+ Funding for internships
The Erasmus+ internship (SMP) enables students and graduates to gain experience of working abroad in a European country. They not only acquire relevant practical experience but can also improve their language skills and extend their intercultural and social skills.
The program offers students at the European University Viadrina:
- secure work covered by an EU contract of employment between the university, the company and the student
- support in finding and planning an internship abroad
- financial support for the additional costs of being abroad
- a certificate (diploma supplement) showing that you carried out an internship or academic recognition of the internship
- foreign language lessons in the relevant language
- extra support for disabled students
- extra support for students with children
Erasmus+ has a budget of around EUR 14.8 bn, and more than four million people will take advantage of the EU fund by 2020. The seven-year program aims to improve skills and employability, modernize general education and vocational training and promote help for children and young people.
Erasmus+ supports traineeships (work placements, internships, etc) abroad for students currently enrolled in higher education institutions in Programme countries at Bachelor and Master level as well as for doctoral candidates. These opportunities are also open to recent graduates.
By doing a traineeship abroad with Erasmus+, you can improve not only your communication, language and inter-cultural skills, but also soft skills highly valued by future employers, as well as become more entrepreneurial.You can also combine your Erasmus+ traineeship with a study period abroad.
Homepage of the National Agency for Erasmus+ in Germany: www.eu.daad.de