Participating as Mentee
As mentee you have the possibility to:
- Recognize and develop your personal and professional skills and competences and to determine your professional profile
- Develop concrete ideas for your professional career in a safe, non-hierarchical relationship and to learn from the mentor’s experience and from other agents in the program
- Elaborate on the question whether you want to earn a PhD and at what time this might be reasonable
- To establish and intensify contacts and networks with other participants, also with doctoral candidates
- Be sensitized for gender-specific discrimination and gender-stereotypical behaviour
The program is directed at female* students of all faculties at the Viadrina, who:
- Are in the final phase of their studies and who would like to engage in the vocational and professional planning
- Are showing engagement and like to take the initiative
- Are interested in constructive feedback
- Want to recognize and develop their own competences and potential
- Are prepared to actively shape the course of the mentoring-relationship and the exchange in their peer-group
- Are on site during the program (and not in an exchange semester or internship abroad)
- Take part in the whole program and the obligatory evaluation (participants will receive a certificate)
Equal opportunities are an important issue to us. The selection committee is considering diverse living conditions such as family responsibilities, chronic diseases or disabilities. Moreover, applications from women with non-academic background, women of colour, women with migration background, queer and trans*women, as well as female* students without a German passport, who are studying regularly at the Viadrina, are explicitly welcome.
Every new cycle starts in October and takes one year. Applications must be submitted until the 31st July.
If you have any questions regarding the program and participation, feel free to contact us.
- C.V. (tabular format)
- current students admission
- current "Leistungsnachweis" (performance record) from the HIS-Portal
- filled out Profilbogen für Studentinnen* (profile sheet)
- signed Verbindlichkeitserklärung (declaration of commitment)
Information: Please first upload the form on your computer, to safe it and fill it out. You can fill it out free of cost with the program Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Please send the documents via e-mail to email@example.com. You can also leave the application at the letterbox of the Career Center (AM, room 138).
Große Scharrnstr. 59
15230 Frankfurt (Oder)
For all events during the program we offer childcare for participants with children. If childcare is needed please let us know in advance. The offer is organised in cooperation with the appointee for the University‘s family office.
Do you have any questions concerning the course of the program or the application? Feel free to make a personal appointment.