The line of support addresses all female junior professors of all universities in Brandenburg (Germany) and junior professors with a scientific connection to a non-university-related research facility or institution in Brandenburg (for example via a contract of employment).
- You are a scientist and your goal is a professorship at a university or a college of applied sciences
- You want to evolve and enhance decisive key qualifications concerning science and research and receive well-directed, individual support
- You already started to partake in the scientific community and collect practical experiences through publications in specialist journals and (inter-)national conferences
- You are interested in strategic networking with other ambitious scientists and are willing to visit the Viadrina in Frankfurt (Oder) several times a year
A mentoring cycle lasts 1,5 years. Due to the current situation, and our endeavor to offer you a a high-quality program including face-to-face workshops, the application process will not start before 2021.
To enrol send an e-mail to postdocmentoring[at]europa-uni.de including:
- academic curriculum vitae
- PhD certificate*
- publication list, list of academic presentations and conferences
- list of external funding, where applicable
- short description of the actual research project or qualification project (max. 2 pages)
- completed application form (available only in German; answers can be given in English)
- signed Verbindlichkeitserklärung (declaration of commitment)
The program is held in German. B1 knowledge in the German language is obligatory. Singular elements of the program can be held in English, after prior arrangement.
Equality of opportunity is essential for us
The selecting commission takes consideration of diverse living conditions and plans like family tasks, chronic diseases and disabilities. Just as well applications from women* who do not come from an academic family background, women* of color, women* with a migrant background, queer and trans*women and postdoctoral researchers without a German passport are strongly encouraged.
The program is also explicitly directed to people who identify as trans*, inter* or non-binary.
Places are limited. If the amount of registrations goes beyond the possible places in the program, the supervisory group of the Viadrina Mentoring decides about the admissions.
To partake in the coaching program is free of cost. The resulting costs are covered by Viadrina funds.
If the care for children is needed during the time of the events, you will be supported organizational and financially.