The Welcome Center of the Department of International Affairs
As the central advising and service unit of the Viadrina for international researchers, we are glad to help with the planning and completion of your residency.
We are always available to help with preparations for your residency, if you have organizational questions about your teaching position, please get in contact with us. Per request, we will send you general information about the Viadrina and Frankfurt (Oder), as well as further details about obtaining a teaching position at the Viadrina.
You may also find important tips in our service package.
Our service includes:
Before your arrival:
- provision of informational materials covering
- Reserving a place to stay
- Applying to kindergardens or primary schools
- Arranging a mentor
During your residency
- Help getting to Frankfurt (Oder)
- Individualized advising and support
- Further support regarding
- Registration with the city
- Opening a German bank account
- Acquiring German health insurance
- Participation in language courses
- Registering your children for kindergarden or primary school in the city
- Distribution of contact information of other guest professors
Before your return trip
- De-registration with the city
- Assistance moving out of your apartment