Viadrina Intensive Track
The Viadrina Intensive Track enables a maximum of 30 international High school graduates without formal university entry qualifications to take part in a 12-month preparatory course. After completing successfully the study preparatory course, participants will study in German language Business Administration and Economics (Bachelor courses International Business Administration or Law and Economics | Economics and Law) at the European University Viadrina.
The Viadrina Intensive Track enables international High school graduates without formal university entry qualifications in Germany to take part in language, subject-based and methodological preparatory courses. After completing successfully the preparatory course, they will begin to study Business Administration and Economics (Bachelor courses International Business Studies or Law and Economics | Economics and Law) at the European University Viadrina.
Duration of the preparatory program: 12 month
Period of the preparatory program: October 2019 - September 2020
Participants will attend the Viadrina Intensive Track with the following content:
- German courses B2 + C1
- Preparatory course for the German language examination for university entrance (DSH) following DSH exam
- Preparatory courses for business administration, economics and mathematics
- English language course (if needed)
- Further subject-based, methodological and intercultural preparatory courses
- Seminars and workshops to acquire key qualifications
- Activities to feel at home in Germany (e.g. excursions, cultural events)
The European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) emphasizes especially a very good support system. This enables the participants of the Viadrina Intensive Track to receive specifically support before and during the participation in the preparatory program in order to integrate quickly at the university as well as in the city of Frankfurt (Oder).
Besides receiving support in finding a room in the university dormitory, participants will be intensively supported by student assistants and peer tutors during the preparatory course as well as during their first year of study. Additionally the study preparatory program allows participants to feel at home through cultural events, excursions etc.
The costs of participating in the program and support amount are covered by the European-University Viadrina. This includes the following services:
- Language and subject courses
- Tutorials and workshops
- Preparatory course for the German language examination for university entrance (DSH)
- All examination costs (not including costs for repeating exams)
- Cultural events
- Costs for support and supervision
It is necessary to take out additional private health insurance for the duration of the Viadrina Intensive Track. There are also further costs for living expenses and accommodation. If participants wish, the Viadrina International Affairs will assist in finding a room in the university dormitory. The following services are self-supporting.
- Teaching materials
- Semester fee including the semester ticket for Berlin/Brandenburg
- Residency permit for the duration of the preparatory course
In order to take part in the Viadrina Intensive Track, interested High school students need to fulfil the following requirements:
- A High school diploma from your home country
- German language skills, at least at B1 level (e.g. completed DSD I)
- TestAS result
- At least 17 years old on 1 October 2020
- Interest in business administration, economics and mathematics
Step 1: Please apply by using our online portal. Please upload the following documents. The online portal will be open from 15 March 2020 till 1 May 2020:
- Duly completed online application form
- Motivational letter
- Up to date proof of at least B1 German language skills (max. 6 months old)
- TestAS proof or proof of attending the math entry test for the Studienkolleg
- High school diploma from your country of origin or interim certificate (if you have not yet received your High school diploma)
- Copy of passport (first page)
- Recent passport size photo
Please apply by using our online portal. You can find our homepage here.
Please follow the instruction and register at first in the online portal. After registering you will receive an automatic e-mail with an activation link. Please note that the activation link is only valid for 24 hours. Click on the activation link and set an individual password to start your online application. Please note that you might receive the e-mail with the activation link delayed in time. Please be patient and also check your SPAM folder.
After you have completed and sent the online form and uploaded the necessary documents, you receive your application PDF. You need to print out this document. Please sign it, scan it and send the PDF by 1 May 2020 (23:59 pm CET) the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: If you do not follow the instructions above your application will considered as incomplete!
Step 2: Following a successful pre-selection process based on your application documents, we will conduct a short interview by e.g. Skype, WeChat. This will take place at the beginning of June 2020
Schritt 3: If you are considered after the interview, you will be approved to take part in the Viadrina Intensive Track. Afterwards we will issue you a letter of invitation by the European University Viadrina to apply for the visa in the German embassy in your home country. You will arrive in Frankfurt (Oder) end of September / beginning of October 2020.