Primary target group: Doctoral & Postdoctoral Researchers
Date: Tuesday, May 17, and Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (both days) | LH 001 (Präsenz)
Trainer: Mr. Friedrich Hasse
Scientific work involves a significant amount of reading. How about increasing your reading speed by 50-100% while at the same time improving the quality of your reading…and boosting your motivation? In this systematic step-by-step training program of practical exercises and well dosed theoretical parts you will overcome the typical three main reading faults and sharpen the focus of your reading.
- physical training of eye movements
- recognition of contextual cues
- adaptation to different texts and objectives
- increased reading speed
- better text comprehension
- variation of different reading techniques
- improved memory retention
- higher level of concentration and motivation
- special approaches towards scientific texts
The workshop will be held in English - for researchers who read English texts on a regular base. Good / very good English reading (not necessarily speaking) proficiency is required (approx. B2).