Partner Universities: Outside Europe (Bilateral Programs)
You are studying at one of our partner universities and you are interested in studying one semester or one academic year at the European University Viadrina as an exchange student. Please note that exchange students can receive certificates of examinations passed, while not get a degree from the Viadrina (exept students within our double or multiple degree programs).
Please contact your home university first. Your home university nominates you for a student exchange to the Viadrina. When we have received the information on your nomination, we will send you a link to a web site where you can fill in the application for your stay online. On this web site you will find additional information for the online application process.
- Fill in and send the application form online.
(The link to our online application form is not published on our website. You will receive this information by email in reply of your nomination.)
- Print out the form that was generated as a PDF file by Step 1 and sign it.
- Get this printed form signed and stamped by your home university.
- Send you application with a photo to the following address:
Department of International Affairs
- incoming students -
P.O. Box 1786
D-15207 Frankfurt (Oder)
Please send the following documents together with your application:
- Transcript of Records
- ECTS form (Learning Agreement – if required by your home university)
- if possible proof of your German language knowledge
- copy of your passport, showing your name, date and place of birth.
Please be aware of the application deadlines:
winter semester: 15.07. for EU citizens (31.05. recommended for non-EU citizens)
summer semester: 15.01. for EU citizens (30.11. recommended for non-EU citizens)
After your arrival here you will get enrolled by our registration office.
Please bring with you the following documents to the registration office:
- evidence of having paid the enrolment fee (see „Financing“)
- a German health insurance policy or the EU health insurance card
- your passport
- coloured passport photo (for your student ID card)